If you’re anything like me you are not fully functional first thing in the morning. I need my coffee before the world makes any sense. That’s why this three ingredient breakfast bowl is my jam. I barely have to think when putting it together and it’s SO tasty!
I am all about convenience folks and love it when I don’t have to compromise my health due to my laziness. An added bonus is that the kiddos love it so I don’t even have to cook more than one breakfast. Winning!
Full disclosure, the base of this meal is three ingredients. When I add tasty, pretty things for garnish, that number obviously goes up. So for the food porn below, I did add some franks red hot sauce. I may have used some olive oil to heat the pan… and some salt and pepper to taste. But the ingredients that need a little effort are only three!
Ingredients (all three of them)
- Cascadian Farm Organic root vegetable hash browns
- Aidelles chicken apple sausage
- One egg, pasture raised
Aren’t you glad I wrote that out for you? It’s just such a long list.
How to prepare
- Place a medium size fry pan on medium heat
- Use a fat of choice to prepare an introduction to the hash browns. I used 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Cut the sausage in to quarter size pieces (I used one sausage since it was only me eating the full bowl)
- Dump hash browns and sausage in to the pan
- Cook until golden brown and the hash browns are a bit crispy. Turn the pan off and set aside
- Grab a smaller fry pan, sized for one egg
- Use a tiny bit of ghee to heat on the pan
- While the pan is heating, plate your hash browns with sausage and set aside
- Crack the egg once the pan has reached optimal heat
- I use a baking spatula to manipulate the egg and ensure it doesn’t stick to the pan, gently separating the edges from the pan
- Once the egg is white all around (no clear on the bottom), move the egg to the edge of the pan
- Grab the handle, channel your best chef thoughts and flip that bad boy upside down. Turn the pan off immediately as it won’t take long for that side to cook.
- Slide the egg on top of the sausage and hash brown creation
- Top with hot sauce avocado, cilantro, green onion and whatever else brings you joy.
If you don’t believe this to be the most satisfying feeling when breaking an egg yolk, we can’t be friends anymore. For those that love it like I do, you’re welcome.