Today is the first day of Fall and you bet your basic butt I have a pumpkin recipe ready for you! It’s been in the 80’s and 90’s all week except for today. Today is high 60’s and cloudy. Clearly that’s a sign and I’ll take it.
I’ve recently returned back into the gym life since I now have time to invest in myself. This was of course possible after quitting my job. My house has never been so clean by the way. I used to be an avid CrossFitter until a back injury pretty much crippled me for over a year. I had surgery earlier this year to correct the injury and am finally working back toward my fitness goals. Why am I telling you all of this? Well friends, my journey to fitness has led me to this amazing recipe I’m about to gift you.
There are a million pumpkin muffin recipes and even more pumpkin bread recipes out there. I’ve even seen those no bake protein balls which I won’t lie, I might give those a shot. But I haven’t actually seen many pumpkin protein bread recipes. I played around with this recipe, and wouldn’t you know it, I have pumpkin spiced flavored protein powder. I am the perfect demographic for literally anyone that markets pumpkin anything. I know, it’s a problem.
If you’re obsessed like I am and need this protein in your life, I purchased mine through 1st Phorm. I’ve used their vitamins, supplements and protein powders for years. They absolutely have the best flavored protein powders that I’ve ever tried. Click HERE for the pumpkin spiced flavored protein. You won’t regret it.
It’s my love and obsession for this flavor as well as my newly rediscovered fitness endeavors that led me to this tasty treat! So really, you’re welcome because this is seriously so delicious, and I can’t stop eating it.
Don’t fret if you aren’t on another level like me and don’t have pumpkin spice flavored protein. I’ve made this with vanilla protein as well and it was equally amazing.
- 1/2 Cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil (melted)
- 4 eggs
- 3 Cups almond flour
- 1 scoop pumpkin spice protein powder (or vanilla if you aren’t extra like me)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Grain free Granola
How to prepare:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Using two bowls, combine all wet ingredients in to one bowl and dry ingredients in to the other
- Tip- add the coconut oil last, before combining all ingredients. If you add too early and it’s cold in your house, the oil will start to firm back up and become chunky
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well
- Once mixed, pour batter into a nonstick bread pan. I placed parchment paper in there as well for added security
- Top the batter with grain free granola like THIS because why not, you’ve gone this far.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the toothpick test proves the center is cooked. I began checking at 45 minutes
This bread is a game changer folks. It’s a perfect quick breakfast or post workout snack. Serve it warm with a little bit of ghee and holy smokes I’m drooling. Enjoy!