I have been craving vegetables like nobody’s business lately. I’m talking leafy, green, feed to your farm animals type of vegetables. Usually that’s a sign that your body is in need of them, so I decided to listen. Good thing too, since that is how I created this beautiful breakfast hash.
Look at some of these ingredients! So bright and colorful! This has to create high fives in your body after you’ve eaten it.
The presentation does not disappoint, and it definitely matches the taste. Now, I’m usually a little put off by brussel sprouts. Sometimes their earthy taste doesn’t do it for me. Typically, I will cut the bitterness with some balsamic vinegar which I was totally prepared to do in this case. I was delighted to find that the sprouts are not overwhelming in this dish. The apples did a great job of balancing the vegetables and the garlic really brings home the overall flavor. You know I love me a fried egg so I couldn’t go without adding it!
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 1/2- 2 cups brussel sprouts, shaved or sliced
- 1 medium apple (I used gala)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 paleo breakfast sausage links
- 1 egg, fried
- salt and pepper to taste
How to prepare:
- Chop your carrots, sprouts, apple and onions and set aside
- Heat your olive oil on medium heat using a medium size skillet
- Add the onions and garlic, sautee for 3-5 minutes until the two become fragrant
- Add in your carrots and brussel sprouts, salt and pepper
- In a separate pan (preferably the one you will be using to fry your egg), heat your breakfast sausage
- Add in the apple and spinach to the pan once the other vegetables are almost completely cooked (about 5-7 minutes)
- Remove the sausage from the pan and use the remaining grease to cook your egg
- Top your delicious vegetable has with your sausage, egg, salt and pepper
E N J O Y this you healthy, beautiful person you!