I love me some soft baked cookies and these beauties did not disappoint. They are light a fluffy with just enough firmness to classify it as a cookie. They’re almost like, cookie cakes. I love them. The end.
The inspiration for this recipe came from one main factor and that is my craving for chocolate. Shocking right? Plus, it’s never a bad idea to incorporate fresh fruit. It’s a twisted way of removing any and all guilt when eating sweets. I had to make them on a night my family was over so I wouldn’t eat the entire batch by myself. That did not stop me from licking the spoon, however. No shame in my game.
This recipe made a dozen smaller cookies which I think was the perfect bite size. You can double the batch and make larger cookies, or go for two dozen!
If you’re feeling froggy, get some of your favorite ice cream, (healthy or not, I won’t judge!) and make little ice cream sandwiches! I know right!? Best. Idea. Ever. You’re welcome.
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 3 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 Juice of an orange (about 1/3 cup)
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2-3 Tbsp Dark Chocolate chips (optional). I use Enjoy Life brand.
How to Prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Start with all dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl
- Add in the orange juice and water, mix well
- Mix in the orange zest and fold in chocolate chips
- Place parchment paper on a large cooking sheet and spoon on a dozen half dollar size scoops of batter
- Bake for 12 minutes for the perfect fluffy texture, let sit for 10 minutes to cool
- If you wish for a little more crunch, bake for an additional 2 minutes (14 minutes total)
Eat all of the cookies. I regret sharing, honestly. OR hide some for yourself… is that weird? Just me? Ok fine, share.
Just be sure to enjoy and don’t forget to lick the spoon! It’s a way of life.